Birth Healing Specialist
BE THE GO-TO EXPERT
Helping Moms Prepare For Birth and Recover From Delivery
Moms are desperately searching for professionals to assist in delivery and help with recovery. Most providers lack the skills and techniques needed to promote healing from the multitude of issues pregnancy and birth create. The Birth Healing Specialist certificate program will prepare you to address these issues. By learning and mastering the specialize techniques of the Schulte System of recovery your treatments will be more effective with better outcomes.
The Certification Program
THE COURSE WORK
HOLISTIC TREATMENT COURSES
Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body – this course is an introduction to the specific pelvic mobilization techniques and hands-on skills to assess and treat the pregnant body. Our focus will be on the pelvic bones, pelvic floor muscles and abdominal tissues as related to birth.
Holistic Treatment of the Postpartum Body – this course dives deeper into the mobilization techniques of the pelvis and builds on the skills learned in the pregnancy course. While it’s not necessary to take the pregnancy course prior, those newer to joint mobilization techniques would benefit from taking it first. Our focus is on healing and treating the effects on the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles and abdomen from birth, addressing the specific needs to promote recovery.
ADVANCED TREATMENT COURSE
Advanced Treatment of the Postpartum Body – this course offers more advanced technique and treatments to the pelvis and pelvic organs. Another key focus is on the energetic and emotional healing of trauma in the postpartum body addressing how to work effectively with the energy of the pelvic space. By releasing the energy blocks created from the trauma, moms can experience life changing outcomes.
What To Expect
THE COURSE WORK
The Holistic Treatment Courses are 3-day trainings including hands-on skills, anatomy, pelvic mechanics and knowledge of the pregnant and postpartum body. The Advanced Treatment Course is a 4-day training is a “retreat like” approach to working on your own energy systems and learning how to apply it help moms. We focus on releasing trauma and energy blockages, learning the foundational energy in the pelvis.
A written exam is conducted at the end of each course. A grade of 85% or greater is required for certification. You are eligible to retake the exam 2 weeks following the course.
At the completion of all course work you will be tested on skills assessments of 5 random techniques and need to provide 6 written case studies, 2 from each course, including the initial complaints, your findings in the body, your treatment(s) and the outcome of your treatment process.
Begin The Certification Process
- Complete the Birth Healing Specialist Application – your application will be reviewed and you will be notified by email of status within 5 business days. The email will guide you through the payment process and next steps. There are 3 options for payment – pay in full or a payment plan of 6 or 10 month.
- Certification Tuition – $2697 Payment Plan – 6 payments of $497 or 10 payments of $327.
- Attend all three courses: Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body, Holistic Treatment of the Postpartum Body, and Advanced Treatment of the Postpartum Body
- After each course, a written exam is given. Passing is 85% or greater.
- After completion of the two Holistic courses a skills assessment is required. Via Skype with you working on a client you will be asked to perform 5 random skills from either course. Hand placement, technique and treatment knowledge will be assessed. If not performed correctly a retest will be required and additional fees will incur.
- After each course 2 case studies will be required covering your patients initial complaints, your assessment, treatments performed and subsequent results of those treatments. There are a total of 6 case studies needed for certification.
Whose Eligible to become a Certified Birth Healing Specialist?
Any practitioner who has a license to do bodywork and has more than one year of experience can apply for certification. While it’s helpful to have the ability to do internal work with your licensure it is not a requirement. You can still get good results working with moms learning the techniques and skills in these courses without doing the internal work.
- Licensure that allows hands-on bodywork
- One-year bodywork experience
- Anatomy of the pelvis and surrounding muscles
- Strong Palpation skills
While not necessary, haven taken the following classes are helpful
- Craniosacral therapy
- Visceral Manipulation
Certified Birth Healing Specialist Will Receive:
An official certificate and seal to place on your website, social media outlets and all marketing material indicating you are a Certified Birth Healing Specialist.
Monthly support and connection calls with Lynn – Ask questions, present case studies, learn and share ideas and get support for deepening this work for you and your clients.
Special Recognition on IBH Website – Be the preferred referral source in your area from any traffic that comes to our website, moms will know you are their best option for treatment.
Free Repeat Courses – Attend any course you want as many times are you want without any extra charge (non-certificate participants pay 50% of course fees.)
Become a Birth Healing Trainer – As a certified specialist you can become a paid certified trainer.
Benefits/Features of Becoming a Birth Healing Specialist
- Stand out in your community as the go-to-expert for pregnancy and postpartum related issues.
- Learn new assessment and treatment skills that you can apply to any client.
- Be more effective in your treatment of pregnant and postpartum women were you get results in as little as one session!
- Learn to let the body tell you where the issues lie and use the energy of the body to identify what’s really going on.
- Be confident in your new skills to effectively implement them as soon as you get back into the clinic.
- Learn how to work with the emotional, energetic and physical aspects of the body for a more complete healing of issues.
- Heavy anatomy review of abdomen, pelvis and pelvic floor muscles.
- Hands on learning skills with lots of labs to practice the new techniques.
- Experience a deeper connection with your own body as you learn visualization and exercises to clear your own energy.
- Get treatment for your own chronic issues in the back and pelvis as you work with one another to learn the new skills.
- Grow your practice treating a really fun population!