Begin The Certification Process
- Complete the Birth Healing Practitioner Application – your application will be reviewed and you will be notified by email of status within 5 business days. The email will guide you through the next steps.
- Certification Tuition – $550 testing fee for the certification plus payment for each of the 4 courses individually.
- Complete all four courses: Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body, Holistic Treatment of the Postpartum Body, and Advanced Treatment of the Postpartum Body and Confidence in your Core, Pelvic Floor and More.
- We will be offering an External and Internal certification. Internal is for those that completed the internal coursework and the External for those that do the external portion of the coursework.
- After each course, a written exam is given. Passing is 85% or greater.
- After completion of the two Holistic courses a skills assessment is required. You can do the skills assessment at the Advanced course if you’ve taken both basic courses. If not you can do it via Skype with you working on a client you will be asked to perform 5 random skills from either course. Hand placement, technique and treatment knowledge will be assessed. If not performed correctly a retest will be required and additional fees will incur.
- After each course, except for the Core course, 2 case studies will be required covering your patients initial complaints, your assessment, treatments performed and subsequent results of those treatments. There are a total of 6 case studies needed for certification.
Whose Eligible to become a Certified Birth Healing Practitioner?
Any practitioner who has a license to do bodywork and has more than one year of experience can apply for certification. While it’s helpful to have the ability to do internal work with your licensure, it is not a requirement. You can still get good results working with moms learning the techniques and skills in these courses without doing the internal work. There will be an Internal certification for those that do internal work and an External certification for those that do the external work.
- Licensure that allows hands-on bodywork
- One-year bodywork experience
- Anatomy of the pelvis and surrounding muscles
- Strong Palpation skills
While not necessary, haven taken the following classes are helpful
- Craniosacral therapy
- Visceral Manipulation
- Holistic Pelvic Care with Tami Kent, PT
Certified Birth Healing Practitioner Will Receive:
An official certificate and seal to place on your website, social media outlets and all marketing material indicating you are a Certified Birth Healing Practitioner.
Quarterly support and connection calls with Lynn – Ask questions, present case studies, learn and share ideas and get support for deepening this work for you and your clients.
Special Recognition on IBH Website – Be the preferred referral source in your area from any traffic that comes to our website, moms will know you are their best option for treatment.
Free Repeat Courses – Attend any course you want as many times are you want without any extra charge (non-certificate participants pay 50% of course fees.)
Become a Birth Healing Trainer – As a certified specialist you can apply to become a paid certified trainer who can teach these courses.
Benefits/Features of Becoming a Birth Healing Practitioner
- Stand out in your community as the go-to-expert for pregnancy and postpartum related issues.
- Learn new assessment and treatment skills that you can apply to any client.
- Be more effective in your treatment of pregnant and postpartum women were you get results in as little as one session!
- Learn to let the body tell you where the issues lie and use the energy of the body to identify what’s really going on.
- Be confident in your new skills to effectively implement them as soon as you get back into the clinic.
- Learn how to work with the emotional, energetic and physical aspects of the body for a more complete healing of issues.
- Heavy anatomy review of abdomen, pelvis and pelvic floor muscles.
- Hands on learning skills with lots of labs to practice the new techniques.
- Experience a deeper connection with your own body as you learn visualization and exercises to clear your own energy.
- Get treatment for your own chronic issues in the back and pelvis as you work with one another to learn the new skills.
- Grow your practice treating a really fun population!