Birth Healing Specialist
Helping Moms Prepare For Delivery | Heal After Birth
THE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The certification process is designed to help expand your knowledge and skill base to be more effective in treating your pregnant and postpartum clients. Yes, you can just take our courses and you’ll learn the materials at some level. However, if you want to truly embody the work and have a more complete understanding of the concepts taught in our courses this certification program will help you take your learning to another level. Becoming certified will increase your success with moms as you get tested on the techniques and concepts to make sure you understand and are doing them correctly.
THE COURSE WORK
The Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant and Postpartum Body Courses include lots of hands-on skills, anatomy review, understanding pelvic mechanics for birth and knowledge of the pregnant body for birth and the postpartum body for recovery. While other courses focus on lecture and research, having more lecture than labs, our courses spend the majority of time in labs. You walk away with a ton of new skills. In the Advanced Treatment Course, a 4-day training, we focus on releasing trauma and energy blockages, learning how to work with the foundational energy in the pelvis. The focus is on helping to heal your own energy blocks so you can show up more powerfully for your clients!
HOLISTIC TREATMENT COURSES
Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body – this course is an introduction to the specific pelvic mobilization techniques and hands-on skills to assess and treat the pregnant body. Our focus will be on the pelvic bones, pelvic floor muscles and abdominal tissues as related to birth.
Holistic Treatment of the Postpartum Body – this course dives deeper into the mobilization techniques of the pelvis and builds on the skills learned in the pregnancy course. While it’s not necessary to take the pregnancy course prior, those newer to joint mobilization techniques would benefit from taking it first. Our focus is on healing and treating the effects on the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles and abdomen from birth, addressing the specific needs to promote recovery. This course also offers you the Schulte Intravaginal Protocol. This protocol helps you to get the best pelvic floor muscle contraction with minimal effort on your part. When the protocol is followed as instructed you can gain a 30-50% improvement in pelvic floor muscle strength in one visit. Plus it can be used on any client needing intravaginal work.
ADVANCED TREATMENT COURSE
Advanced Treatment of the Postpartum Body – this course offers more advanced technique and treatments to the pelvis and pelvic organs. Another key focus is on the energetic and emotional healing of trauma in the postpartum body addressing how to work effectively with the energy of the pelvic space. By releasing the energy blocks created from the trauma, moms can experience life-changing outcomes.
ONLINE CORE COURSE
Confidence in Your Core, Pelvic Floor, and More Online Course This course gives you all the components needed for a well-functioning core after childbirth. Have a greater understanding of how to best support your body for healing, activate your core after birth and learn other supportive exercises for recovery and ways to use your body safely while caring for a newborn. This is the information I want my certified birth healing practitioners to know about core recovery after birth.
Begin The Certification Process
- Complete the Birth Healing Specialist Application – your application will be reviewed and you will be notified by email of status within 5 business days. The email will guide you through the next steps.
- Certification Tuition – $550 testing fee for the certification plus payment for each of the 4 courses individually.
- Complete all four courses: Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant Body, Holistic Treatment of the Postpartum Body, and Advanced Treatment of the Postpartum Body and Confidence in your Core, Pelvic Floor and More.
- We will be offering an External and Internal certification. Internal is for those that completed the internal coursework and the External for those that do the external portion of the coursework.
- After each course, a written exam is given. Passing is 85% or greater.
- After completion of the two Holistic courses a skills assessment is required. You can do the skills assessment at the Advanced course if you’ve taken both basic courses. If not you can do it via Skype with you working on a client you will be asked to perform 5 random skills from either course. Hand placement, technique and treatment knowledge will be assessed. If not performed correctly a retest will be required and additional fees will incur.
- After each course, except for the Core course, 2 case studies will be required covering your patients initial complaints, your assessment, treatments performed and subsequent results of those treatments. There are a total of 6 case studies needed for certification.
Whose Eligible to become a Certified Birth Healing Specialist?
Any practitioner who has a license to do bodywork and has more than one year of experience can apply for certification. While it’s helpful to have the ability to do internal work with your licensure, it is not a requirement. You can still get good results working with moms learning the techniques and skills in these courses without doing the internal work. There will be a Internal certification for those that do internal work and an External certification for those that do the external work.
- Licensure that allows hands-on bodywork
- One-year bodywork experience
- Anatomy of the pelvis and surrounding muscles
- Strong Palpation skills
While not necessary, haven taken the following classes are helpful
- Craniosacral therapy
- Visceral Manipulation
- Holistic Pelvic Care with Tami Kent, PT
Certified Birth Healing Specialist Will Receive:
An official certificate and seal to place on your website, social media outlets and all marketing material indicating you are a Certified Birth Healing Specialist.
Quarterly support and connection calls with Lynn – Ask questions, present case studies, learn and share ideas and get support for deepening this work for you and your clients.
Special Recognition on IBH Website – Be the preferred referral source in your area from any traffic that comes to our website, moms will know you are their best option for treatment.
Free Repeat Courses – Attend any course you want as many times are you want without any extra charge (non-certificate participants pay 50% of course fees.)
Become a Birth Healing Trainer – As a certified specialist you can apply to become a paid certified trainer who can teach these courses.
Benefits/Features of Becoming a Birth Healing Specialist
- Stand out in your community as the go-to-expert for pregnancy and postpartum related issues.
- Learn new assessment and treatment skills that you can apply to any client.
- Be more effective in your treatment of pregnant and postpartum women were you get results in as little as one session!
- Learn to let the body tell you where the issues lie and use the energy of the body to identify what’s really going on.
- Be confident in your new skills to effectively implement them as soon as you get back into the clinic.
- Learn how to work with the emotional, energetic and physical aspects of the body for a more complete healing of issues.
- Heavy anatomy review of abdomen, pelvis and pelvic floor muscles.
- Hands on learning skills with lots of labs to practice the new techniques.
- Experience a deeper connection with your own body as you learn visualization and exercises to clear your own energy.
- Get treatment for your own chronic issues in the back and pelvis as you work with one another to learn the new skills.
- Grow your practice treating a really fun population!